Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Invitation

Hello and Welcome!
On June 5, I received my Peace Corps invitation to serve in the Dominican Republic as a Youth Development Promoter. I will begin my two year long adventure on August 18 2009 and I can't wait!
I will use this blog to keep everyone updated on life in the DR- Peace Corps style!
I still can't believe that I will be living and working in the Dominican Republic for two years ! I wonder, How will my community be? What will my host family be like? Will this really be the toughest job I'll ever love? Come August, my life will change completely. How exciting!

6 comments:

  1. It was nice hearing the update via the phone and I am glad that you are going somewhere...how did you put it..."somewhere close to your heart"

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are awesome!!! have fun val! since you're so close i'll have to make my way!

    - Jon Rey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Val! Congratulations! I know you will enjoy the DR. Say hello to Haiti for me, its right next door. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valerie! I'm so excited for you. I know you'll have the time of your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valerie,congrats! I hope you enjoy yourself. Take lots of pictures.

    - Sherls

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the best! A child like you will always be blessed. I like the fact that you don't mind dealing with the poor and needed children,that you see DR like a normal place to live in and that you are not missing you home. I hope the best for you and thay you keep you journey in helping others.

    ReplyDelete